The first flush of spring blooms are waning, but when I walked through the garden early this morning I noticed many perennials covered with buds. Another week or two and the early summer blooms will be at their peak.
- A (soon to be) red zinna. They make great cut flowers.
2. This monarda has raspberry colored flowers. It will be in bloom soon.
3. This is a yellow day lily. My Stella d’oro are already flowering as well as a burgundy red day lily, but the yellow one is a little later.
4. This coneflower is tucked in among some other plants that now get more sun because I removed a river birch. This one seems happy. I’ll see if it likes more sun.
5. Someone gave me this lily but I don’t know what kind it is. It has large yellow orange flowers.
6. I have no success with hollyhocks. They never flower before I lose them to rust. This one volunteered in one of my raised beds last year. I almost pulled it out last fall but am glad I didn’t. The pink flowers are a surprise and no hint of rust as yet.
That’s my Six on Saturday, photos this week of buds in my garden. The SoS meme was started by The Propogator, a UK gardener. This is the link to the rules if you’d like to join in.