I’m in a hurry this morning, so here are six quick pictures from the garden. It’s been cooler than normal for June and no rain for the last few days so great to be out in the garden. But first a trip to the hardware store for more bags of potting soil. The redtwig dogwoods I’ve had rooting in a bucket for months are ready to be potted.
- Several of my daylilies are beginning to bloom.
2. The hostas are sending up blooming stalks. This is from some variety with huge leaves, but I have no idea what its name is. I had to stoop to get the bloom which was under a leaf.
3. A clump of butterfly weed. Lots of baby seedlings coming up around it. This photo was from yesterday afternoon and the sun was on the blooms which is why some of them look yellow.
4. Bell flowers come back every year. This campanula was given to me by a friend and I don’t know the cultivar.
5. Staking this sweet hollyhock is on the list of gardening chores for today. It was all in bud last week.
6. The day lilies I call ditch lilies are blooming. A favorite of mine, they often grow in the ditches on the sides of roads. Others call them tiger lilies.
That’s my quick pics for today. #lovemygarden. The SoS meme was started by The Propogator, a UK gardener. This is the link to the rules if you’d like to join in.