We had a Goldilocks snow last weekend. Not too big, not too little, just about right at six inches. It was pretty. The big storm heading our way this weekend will bring us rain rather than snow. Just what we need! But despite the wet weather, stuff is happening in the garden.
2. My little spruce in a pot on my deck was festive at night.
3. I tried for a photo of the red twig dogwood in the snow, but couldn’t get one that showed the color. It is so pretty on these dreary days. Since this does well in this wet area I am going to continue the colony. I layered several stems in the fall and will have to wait to see if they took.
4. In the same “pond” as the red twig dogwood shoots of Stella d’oro day lilies are emerging. They don’t seem to mind being under water either.
5. This parsley hasn’t succumbed to the freezing temperatures…yet. On Sunday it’s supposed to go from 48 daytime down to 12 degrees Farenheit that night. Yikes. Makes me think of the movie The Day After Tomorrow. I need to go out and turn a pot over that parsley.
6. A columbine has self seeded in one of my containers where I grew eggplants last summer. I’ll transplant it in the spring. The color of the flowers of the self-seeders is always a surprise.
That’s my Six on Saturday, a meme started by The Propogator, a UK gardener. It’s getting harder to find new things to share, but stuff is happening in my garden. This is the link to the rules if you’d like to join in.