So foggy this morning it was after 9 when I ventured out. And I was glad I did because look what I found — the first hellebore blooms. The evergreen helebore leaves provide texture in my winter garden. The blooms are a bonus.
2. I love this crepe myrtle bark.
3. The silver maples have wonderful craggy bark with lichens and moss at the soil’s edge.
4. Contrasting textures of Hollywood juniper in the background, and rhododendron to the right. In the forefront a euonymus (Silver Queen? it looks more white than in the photo) and liriope. You can see the fog still hanging in the air.
5. A mahonia that I stuck in a back corner of the garden is doing just fine. It provides some texture against the solidago stems which need to be cut back.
6. And finally..the hope of spring… buds on some daffodils.
That’s my Six on Saturday, this foggy February morning, as I found textures in the winter garden. The meme was started by The Propogator, a UK gardener. This is the link to the rules if you’d like to join in.